UK Partner Visa

Getting Married in Thailand

UK Partner Visa

UK Partner Visa

If you are living together with a Thai partner, then you can apply for a partner visa for the UK in Thailand. It is best to speak to a lawyer in Thailand about this as the process is a bit more complex than a standard fiancée visa, if this is a same-sex partnership. The following is a brief look at the UK partner visa from Thailand and how best to obtain this British visa.

You are going to need proof to show that you have lived together in Thailand for an extended period of time. This proof needs to show that the partnership is real and that the relationship is long-term. The requirements who be as follows:

  1. You and your Thai partner must be over the age of 18; and
  2. You and your Thai partner have lived together and committed to the relationship;
  3. Your relationship is monogamous;
  4. You and your Thai partner intend to live permanently together.

You can also compared the partner visa to the UK spouse visa on this website. Note that the civil partner visa would be more difficult as you will need to show proof of a valid relationship. There is also the problem with scam partnerships so the proof of a valid and lasting relationship is going to rest on the applicant. Proof would be living in the same location, house or apartment in Thailand with some of the accounts being joint accounts. These applications are not very common in Thailand.

Like other UK visa applications such as the UK visa for a Thai national you are going to need to meet the other requirements as well:

  1. You and your partner must be older than 18 years old;
  2. You need to prove that you have met each other in person;
  3. You will need to show that you are living together as husband and wife in Thailand;
  4. You and your partner must who intention to live together permanently;
  5. You cannot go on welfare and must have enough money to support yourselves in the UK;
  6. You are going to show that you earn more than £18,600 per year;
  7. You are also going to show that you have proper accommodation in the UK;
  8. She must also satisfy the English language requirements;
  9. She has to have negative tuberculosis test results;
  10. She will require a Police Clearance certificate in Thailand.

Note that this partner visa is a very difficult British visa to obtain as the proof you provide will need to be above board and you will need to show that there is a long and real relationship between you and your partner. Seek legal advice as the cost of reapplying for a partner visa for the UK will be costly if it has been turned down.

Speak to a Thai lawyer in Bangkok for more assistance with this visa application and also see how best to apply and obtain this UK visa from Thailand which will allow your partner into the UK for 33 months.


2 Responses

  1. […] you can then apply for a UK Visa for a Thai however if you are not married then a partner visa or fiancée visa for a Thai would be more applicable. Speak to a lawyer in Bangkok with assistance in this regards. The spouse […]

  2. […] information on Thai family law as well as more information on obtaining a foreign visa such as a UK fiancée visa or an Australian Spouse visa for a Thai. Always take proper legal advice before you get married in […]

Comments are closed.