A Thai Police certificate is a requirement being requested for Thai nationals applying for Settlement visas abroad. This is one of the important requirement which cannot be neglected and be given importance. This is also applicable for foreigners who will be migrating to other countries (US Visa, UK Visa & Australian Visa) who have stayed in Thailand for at least 12 months total calculated cumulatively.
For Thai nationals, you would basically need the following:
- – Passport page
- – Thai ID
- – Thai Household Registration
- – Change name certificate
- – Marriage certificate, if applicable
- – a Letter Request for Record Check from Embassy
- – Passport sized photo
For non-Thai passport holders who wish to apply for the Thai Police Clearance, these are the requirements:
- · Photocopy of passport
- · Photocopy of Thai visa or Thai Immigration stamps
- · Documents proving that the applicant is working or residing in Thailand
- · a Letter Request for Record Check from Embassy
- · Power of Attorney in case when authorizing another person to submit in your behalf
- · Passport sized photo
- · Two (2) sets of original fingerprints issued by the local police with the official seal and signature of acting official
The process would take more than 7 business days as there might be delays depending on circumstances. And for foreigners requesting it from overseas, you must include a self-addressed return envelope.
The Thai police certificate process would require a completely filled out application form and supporting documents to ensure you will have no problems in obtaining the certificate.